trophies, though it did not have them until system software version 2.40 was released on July 2, 2008. Trophies on this console typically have a delay of about 5 – 7 seconds between satisfying the conditions for unlocking a trophy and having its notification actually pop up on the screen.
Over its lifespan, the Playstation 3 received numerous updates and patches that affected how trophies work.
|2.40||July 2, 2008||Initial patch that introduced trophies.|
|2.41||July 8, 2008||Changed the platinum trophy icon from its original purple crown () to the icon in use today ().|
|3.00||September 1, 2009|
|3.10||November 19, 2009||Added the option to automatically send updates to the user's Facebook profile when a trophy is unlocked.|
|3.30||April 22, 2010||Various sorting options for trophies were added (e.g., sorting your entire trophy list by game name, or sorting an individual game's trophy list by trophy grade).|
|3.40||September 21, 2010||A user's trophy level is now displayed next to their username on friends lists.|
|3.70||August 9, 2011||Automatic syncing (at a certain specified time) of trophies was introduced.|
|4.46||June 27, 2013||Added the ability for users turn off trophy notifications.|
|4.50||October 2, 2013||Added the ability for users to mark some of their games' trophies as private, thus preventing other users from viewing them online.|
- Playstation 2
- Playstation 4
- Playstation Vita
- List of Playstation 3 games without trophies
- List of Playstation 3 games with trophy patches
- Category:Playstation 3 games
- List of First PS3 Trophy Supported Games, Kotaku (June 30, 2008). Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- 2.41 Firmware Brings New PS3 Platinum Trophy, Kotaku (July 8, 2008). Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.00) Update, PlayStation Blog (August 18, 2009). Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.10) Update, PlayStation Blog (November 16, 2009). Retrieved September 8, 2017.