Bloodborne - Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen trophy< Bloodborne
| Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen |
|Description||Defeat Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth.|
Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth is the final boss of the Pthumeru series of chalice dungeons. Before attempting this trophy, you must first acquire the Chalice of Pthumeru by defeating the Blood-starved Beast. Ideally, you should also be very high level (80 or higher) when attempting this trophy as well, as the Chalice dungeons are the hardest dungeons in the game, and the defiled dungeon bosses that you must fight along the way are the hardest bosses in the game.
Once you have the Chalice of Pthumeru, place it on one of the altars to the left of the messenger shop in the Hunter's Dream (it doesn't matter which altar). Select "Chalice Ritual", and then select the Chalice of Pthumeru. Each chalice dungeon is randomly-generated, but they all follow the same basic format:
- Each dungeon has three or more layers.
- Each layer starts off with a maze-like area where you have to find a lever to pull. Pulling that lever will inform you that a door as been unlocked somewhere in the dungeon.
- Once you step through that door, you will face a boss – one you likely never encountered in the main game.
- Once you defeat the boss, you can go down to the next layer.
- Once you defeat the boss of the third layer, you will get a new chalice, which lets you create a new (harder) chalice dungeon.
Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth is the layer three boss of the fifth Pthumeru chalice dungeon. In theory, this means that you "only" have to complete five chalice dungeons, for a total of sixteen layers (and sixteen bosses!) to earn this trophy. In practice, however, you will have to re-play some of the dungeons multiple times in order to farm the items that are needed to create the higher-level chalice dungeons. The chalices that you absolutely have to use to create the dungeons are (in order):
- Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
- Central Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
- Lower Pthumeru Chalice (4 layers)
- Ailing Loren Chalice (you need to find two "Bastard or Loran" items, needed to create the next dungeon - you could find these as early as the first layer, or much later, but play at least until you find the Beast Claw weapon in Layer 2)
- Defiled Chalice (3 layers - you have half HP throughout this dungeon, which makes the bosses brutal)
- Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice (3 layers, Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth is at the bottom)
Note that you do not have to use any "Root" chalices that you find. Some of the rare items that you will need to create the later chalice dungeons are:
- Coldblood Flowerbud: Buy from the insight vendor in Hunter's Dream (you must have at least 10 insight to see the vendor).
- Bastard of Loran: Found in a chest on Layer 3 of the Ailing Loran chalice dungeon. Also (rarely) dropped by enemies on all layers of this dungeon.
- Living String: After pulling the lever that drops the large brain by the Micolash boss area (this lever is described in the Weapon Master trophy), go to the room in Mergo's Loft with lots of tiny shadow midgets. There is a cage elevator here that you can ride down into a black abyss. Do so, and kill the big (harmless) brain in this new area.
- Red Jelly: 2 are in a chest on the first floor of the Lecture Building, on your way to meet Amygdala. More can be found in the Lower Loran chalice dungeon (complete the Ailing Loran chalice dungeon first).